An Absolutely Delicious Meatloaf
2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 3″cubes
1 1/2 lb fatty pork shoulder, cut into 3″ cubes
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
1 medium onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups fresh good quality bread crumbs
1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup V-8 juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
large bunch fresh basil leaves
6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
1 lb fresh mozzarella, thickly sliced
Coarsely grind meats with fennel seeds.
1. preheat oven 400*F
2. In a large mixing bowl combine ground meats with eggs, breadcrumbs, parsley, onion, garlic, juice, wine and seasonings.
3. Place mixture on a parchment lined 16″ x 12″ baking sheet.
4. Spread out mixture to cover parchment.
5. Sprinkle meat with sundried tomatoes, basil leaves and 3/4 of mozzarella.
6. Roll up jelly-roll fashion.
7. Place in meatloaf in oven and roast for 1 hour.
8. Top with remaining mozzarella and roast until cheese is melted and golden.
9. Allow meat to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
10. Serve with tomato sauce.
Hit Share To Save On your Wall!