Stuffed Bell Peppers
6 medium green peppers
1 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 (6 7/8 ounce) box of Rice-a-Roni mix, Spanish flavor
1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes (for use in making the rice)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup American cheese
1. Remove tops and seeds from peppers; parboil peppers for 5 minutes and drain.
2. Place peppers in a baking dish. Combine ground beef and onion and cook together until done.
3. Drain and set aside. Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions.
4. When rice is done,combine it with the beef and onion. Fill peppers with rice mixture.
5. Mix the 1 teaspoons sugar with the tomato sauce and pour this AROUND the peppers (not over). Cover the baking dish.
6. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes and then uncover and top with the shredded cheese.
7. Bake uncovered for about 5 minutes more to melt the cheese. Serve with the tomato sauce.