The Best and Easy Mexican Casserole
Easy Mexican Casserole is an easy, delicious and adaptable casserole your family is sure to love!
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (15oz) can ranch-style beans
1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 can condensed cream of mushroom or chicken soup
1 (12 oz) package corn tortillas
4 cups shredded cheese
3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
Tortilla Chips on the side if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess fat if desired.
3. After the beef is browned, add taco seasoning, beans, diced tomatoes/green chilies, and soup. Mix well and heat.
4. In a 13×9 baking dish, cover the bottom of the dish with about a cup of meat mixture.
5. Top this mixture with a single layer of corn tortillas.
6. Put 1/2 of the remaining meat mixture on top of the tortilla layer and then cover with cheese.
7. Repeat a layer of corn tortillas.
8. Place the remaining meat mixture on top and finish off with the remaining cheese.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
10. Serve with tortilla chips if desired.