Winter Vegetable-Beef Stew
What You’ll Need
1- 1 1/2 lb cubed beef stew meat
1/2 cup Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 onion chopped fine
1 carrot chopped fine
1/4 cup finely chopped celery with a few minced leaves
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 pinch thyme
3 1/2 cups beef broth
2 medium potatoes diced
2 carrots diced
2 onions diced
How to make it
1. Put flour, salt, and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven.
3. Place meat in a bag with the our and shake until well coated.
4. Shake off meat pieces and add them to the oil and stir until slightly browned, add remaining flour from the bag and the finely chopped onion.
5. Stir until well browned.
6. Add finely chopped carrot and next 4 ingredients.
7. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours (stirring every 15 minutes).
8. Add diced potatoes, carrots, and onions, cook for another 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.